Cheat’s Sausage Rolls
I adore sausage rolls but I’m not a fan of the shop bought ones. I am however a fan of cheating by making homemade ones. Who has time to make puff pastry anyway. You can also make these as a whole in advance and freeze them so when anyone arrives you can quickly pop them in the oven and instant gorgeous snacks.
- Pack of your favourite sausages (http://richmondsausages.co.uk/)
- Pack of frozen puff pastry (https://www.jusrol.co.uk/products)
- Egg wash (egg beaten with a tiny splash of milk)
- Olive oil
- Cover your baking tray with a tiny bit of olive oil just so the sausage rolls don’t stick.
- Set the oven to 180 degrees c.
- Using scissors cut the skins away from the sausage meat leaving the sausages intact.
- Open up the puff pastry packet and let it defrost in the fridge until cold but pliable.
- Position the sausages on the pastry in long strips with enough pastry on each side so you’ll be able to wrap the sausage.
- Slice down the pastry and wrap the sausages.
- Cut the sausages into small snack sizes or larger lunch size.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm.
If you really want to make them fancy you can add spices or fruit to the sausage mix. Apple sauce or sage spices work really well.