Breakfasts are my favorite meal. I wake up super hungry and get progressively less hungry as the day goes on. In contrast my husband is exactly the opposite and will happily not eat all day but will love a big dinner at night.
I also love hot food in the morning but don’t necessarily have time to make it. This led on a recipe hunt for easy heat up breakfast foods that didn’t require me to go to a fast food place or eat cold cereal.
What I found was a complete array of lovely make ahead sandwiches and egg casserole dishes so I’ve combined a couple of recipes to make this one.
Ingredients (Makes 4 sandwiches):
- 5 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Sausage meat (sausages or patties it doesn’t matter)
- 4 english muffins (although next time I’m going to try it with croissants)
- 4 slices of cheese
- Crack the eggs into a large square shallow dish. Be sure to spray it first so they don’t stick
- Add the seasoning and mix up
- Cook off your sausages or meat and crumble up
- Add the sausages to egg mix and bake for around 25 minutes until brown at 200 degrees c
- Toast your muffins and lay on a piece of cheese on each one
- When the egg/sausage mixture comes out cut into 4 squares and lay on the muffins
- Wrap each sandwich in foil and freeze
- When you want to re-heat (as tested this morning) REMOVE THE FOIL and wrap in a piece of kitchen/paper towel
- Zap in the microwave for 1 min and 30 seconds
I couldn’t find my exact Jamie Oliver dish i used to make my eggs but I’ve linked a similar one below: