Not really a recipe; more an assembly of ingredients but always lovely and super tasty.
I think I started eating chicken kebabs on holiday in European countries like Greece and Portugal. The novelty value of the stick was I think was tempted me.
Now I just love the charring you can get on the meat and how the vegetables cook and catch on the edges which tastes amazing. Also, there is something really practical about turning skewers over to cook them.
- Chicken breast cut into chunks (you can use any meats you like or fish)
- Vegetables cut into similar sized chunks
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for about an hour so they don’t catch fire
- Alternate pushing picks of chicken and vegetables on the skewer
- Drizzle with oil and salt and pepper
- You can then grill on a medium heat or I like to cook in the oven for about 10 minutes and then finish on the BBQ
You can keep these kebabs plain and simple which is great for getting kids to eat vegetables or you make spicy or serve with tasty sauces. Piri piri is a particular favourite of mine.
Or Hhere’s a few examples from my previous blogs.
Also, if you want to buy the skewers here a link: