Having a baby has meant homemade cooking has become more difficult but as baby Max has gotten bigger (4 months!) I’ve bow had a little more time (and a high chair in the kitchen) to get cooking again.
I was surprised to see I hadn’t published my very simple lasagne recipe so here we go.
200g beef mince
1 onion chopped finely
Splash vegetable oul
Grated cheese (mozzarella and cheddar mix is nice)
Salt and pepper
Can of tomatoes
Squeeze of garlic and chilli puree
Tablespoon of sugar
Tablespoon of flour
50ml of milk
1. Fry off the mince and onion in a pan until briwning
2. Add the garlic paste
3. Whilst the meat is browning you can open the tomatoes and add the chili; sugar and oregano
4. Add the tomato mix to the mince and simmer for 5 minutiae on a low heat
5. in a non stick pan add the butter and melt. Add the flour and stir vigorously until a paste is made and you cook out the flour and there are no lumps. Add the milk very slowly until a thick sauce is made. Add a handful of the cheese mix and take off the heat stirring until all combined
6. Spray an oven dish with oil and add a layer of the tomato mixture. Then add a layer of cheese mixture and then a couple of pasta sheets
7. Repeat until all used up and top with a sprinkling of Parmesan and salt and pepper
8. Bake at about 190 degrees c until golden brown (about 30 minutes)
Lasagne is always best second baked so once you have eaten half the dish be prepared for leftovers the next day. Put the dish back in the oven at 190 degrees c for 20 minutes with foil on and you have crispiest lasagne ever!